AEO Consultant and Training Provider
Guide companies to obtain AEO status starting from reviewing company’s readiness for AEO, preparing necessary documents, streamlining between company’s existing internal processes with AEO requirements, assist clients during post AEO certification to undergo transition process. TRD Consulting or PT Tama Rampai Daksa is a consulting company dedicated to help businesses in preparing effective strategies for their cross border trade operations in Indonesia. We assist companies them to resolve various customs and trade compliance issues to ensure smooth, effective and efficient supply chain including but not limited to to customs procedures, permit and licensing, audit and objection/appeal.
About TRD Consulting
(PT. TAMA RAMPAI DAKSA)
We are a team of trade compliance professionals with solid hands-on experience in Indonesia logistics industry and in-depth knowledge of Indonesia’s customs and trade regulatory regime. We represent a composition of ex-senior customs officials, ex-senior manager in multinational logistics companies, and consultant in for international trade facilitation projects.
With this strong background, we can deliver you solid combined expertise with high reliability. We have gathered best practices and established a huge compendium of trade compliance/customs cases which we then use as a pool of knowledge to form the base of my strategic approach for our clients’ needs. As the result, not only we offer you advisory services from regulatory standpoint, but also work with you to seek practical solutions to cater for various export/import scenarios of any industry verticals in Indonesia”
An Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) is defined by the WCO SAFE Framework of Standards as a party involved in the international movement of goods, in whatever function, that has been approved by, or on behalf of, a national Customs administration as complying with WCO or equivalent supply chain security standards.
1. What is AEO?
AEO status is an internationally recognized quality mark indicating that your role in the international supply chain is secure, and that your customs controls and procedures are efficient and compliant.
Driven by security, i.e., anti-terrorism, smuggling, people trafficking etc. Customs administrations around the world have been increasingly involved in the security of the international trade supply chain and have more recently developed security programmers in a global context with AEO as the leading initiative. The AEO concept is based on the Customs-to-Business partnership introduced by the World Customs Organization (WCO). Traders who voluntarily meet a wide range of criteria work in close cooperation with customs authorities to assure the common objective of supply chain security and are entitled to enjoy benefits throughout its supply chain network. Indonesian Customs is no exception. It has adopted the AEO scheme as its speared program to increase cargo security as well as increasing compliance and boost trade facilitation among companies in Indonesia.
It is not mandatory for every company in Indonesia, but it shall give quicker access to certain simplified customs procedures and in some cases the right to ‘fast-track’ your shipments through some customs and safety and security procedures.
2. Benefits of AEO Certifications
AEO benefits are integral parts of AEO certification which will be a essential catalyst for quicker flow of goods and more predictable lead-time. Indonesia Customs has laid down a number of essential benefits to AEO certified companies, among other, as follows:
- No red lane,
- Pre-arrival clearance (SPPB/Customs Release before vessel arrival),
- Truck-Losing (direct to truck from vessel movement/no mandatory port warehousing)
- Periodic payment & corporate guarantee
- Special privileges on Customs Disruptions, Customs Client Managers, etc.
- Future potential MRA (Mutual Recognition Arrangement)
Details of each benefit will be elaborated during the training.
3. Why do you need AEO Training?
AEO training is a mandatory training by Customs as part of POST-AEO requirements to ensure consistency of AEO standards that were in place before AEO status was granted are maintained and sustained throughout the life of the company not only to achieve the AEO status. AEO companies are also encouraged to boost their growth with the AEO status and contribute to national economy
4. AEO Training in a Nutshell
- The training aims to implant an in-depth understanding of AEO to a wider audience in the company, not only to logistics & customs related departments.
- Since AEO involves almost every unit as one integrated organization, the training targets to inject AEO concepts into the mindset of every participant from different departments and should be aligned with and embedded into company internal systems. Eventually the mindset of AEO must be streamlined into company’s culture in a continuous, sustainable, and systematic way.
- Participants are trained in core customs principles to spread the customs basic knowledge that are mostly relevant to customs compliance required from an AEO company.
- In the beginning & at the end of training, pre-training & post-training assessments are given to observe the level of knowledge of every participant and the progress made after the training is completed.
- Participants are given sample cases to prepare how to draft & implement action plans to anticipate changes and any irregular situations in order to avoid disruption of business while still maintaining company status as AEO.
- Participants are trained to conduct self-internal audit as an annual requirement for an AEO company, learning to report any changes and improvements that may affect company’s AEO Status